Dates: Mon – Thurs March 25th – 28th
Fees: $25 per class or $40 per day
or 4 days for $150
not including taxes
Registration deadline: Saturday March 15th
Grades 4 – Intermediate:
9.30 – 11.00 Ballet Technique
1.00 – 11.15 Break
11.15 – 12.45 Contemporary
Grades 2 & 3:
9.30 – 11.00 Intro to Contemporary
1.00 – 11.15 Break
11.15 – 12.45 Ballet Technique
We would so love to see you this Tuesday evening!
TUESDAY DECEMBER 4TH
6:45 – Patrons of ProArte AGM
7.15 “What’s new” address from the Directors of Pro Arte
7:30 – 8.15 Nutrition: Guest speaker – Dhana Musil
Dhana is the resident Nutritionist for Pro Arte and is a regular guest lecturer for our Half Day Dancers.
She has explored myths and dieting/ sound nutrition for dancers/ shopping for healthy food and label reading this past year with our students.
All parents and student are encouraged to join as Dhana explores:
“Twelve Christmas Food Myths Explored” – as related to dance nutrition
From your Board of Patrons of ProArte
Many new parents looking for a dance school ask us this question. Here are a few reasons why we feel we are unique:
- Our Teaching Faculty has vast experience in both teaching and performing. Their
degrees in dance and accreditation with governing bodies reflect their
rigorous training, focus and dedication to their chosen career in performing
- Our staff members are constantly wanting to learn in order to give more to our students. This summer we had teachers: in London taking courses; obtaining Pilates credentials; and attending the American Dance Festival. We encourage our staff to further their education and currently have 3 teachers taking Associate diplomas this year and a Fellowship with the ISTD as well as post-secondary work in kinesiology at Simon Fraser University.
- Our teachers have danced professionally on stages both in Canada and abroad and this have strong connections worldwide in the dance world.
- Our facilities boast an on-site gym for cross training. Students are introduced to the latest training in fitness coming in the sports arena that can be applied to dance with Jodi Boates, our fitness specialist.
- Our on-site physiotherapist with vast dance knowledge, Erika Mayall screens all our Pre-Professional dancers ages 11 and up so we can address weaknesses and avoid injuries early through preventative and supportive training and treatment.
- Our Pilates teacher Susie Higgins and Jenny Yoo work very closely with staff to address specific individual student needs.
- Our on-site academic program Pro Merita, a SelfDesign Learning Community, offers us the ability to offer PE, Planning and other courses required for grade 12 graduation over the summer months as well as a full academic program for students from Grade 5 through 12.
- Our “award winning” choreographers have presented work both locally and internationally and gained recognition and exposure both for their creative work and the students that present it.
Come; learn more about why we are on the leading edge of performing arts. We invite you to contact us with your questions.
Pro Arte Centre’s students performed in over 2000 costumes last year. A huge thank you to our fantastic wardrobe & costume volunteers for the endless hours they have spent this summer sorting, checking, washing and itemizing all these 2000 odd costumes.
Pro Arte has, since its inception in 2003, been extremely fortunate to have had many talented volunteers and accomplished sewers aid with the establishment of quite a magnificent costume library. Pro Arte costumes are rented out to families at a fraction of the cost and with minimal hassle involved for parents. We are also grateful for all the donations of fabric, tutus, individual costumes and other items that have aided in the establishment of our impressive wardrobe.
“Merci” to of all our wonderful “Pro Arte Costumers” past and present!
The mandate of the Pro Arte News Blog is to ensure that members of our community are updated on a regular basis. Keep current by:
- Subscribing to our e-mail feed which is found on the Home Page on the right side of the screen.
- Liking our Facebook Page
- For Twitterers, sign up at Pro Arte Centre Twitter.
Looking forward to our ongoing dialogue!