Dear Pro Arte Community
8 young talented Pro Arte Dancers are taking the local stages by storm!
We’d love and appreciate your support at the following upcoming performances:
Saturday November 17th
The premiere performance of: CatchingART Contemporary Ballet Theatre
presented by The Platform & Cailano Mall
Where: Kay Meek Theatre , West Vancouver
When: Saturday November 17th 7.30pm
Tickets: $15 http://www.kaymeekcentre.com/on_stage/1572
The performance will demonstrate the dynamic and incredible range of our young artists, featuring:
- compositions from Pro Arte Centre’s composer-in-residence, North Vancouver’s Michael Conway Baker (OBC) with professional guest musicians.
- North Shore’s Pandora’s Vox, the celebrated local vocal ensemble guesting with the dancers
- selections from Classical Repertoire from Le Corsaire, Swan Lake and The Nutcracker
- new choreography by Astrid Sherman and Stephana Arnold
THE PERFECT SHOW FOR YOUNG DANCERS TO BE INSPIRED BY AND FALL IN LOVE WITH DANCE!
The CatchingArt dancers will be signing FREE dance bags after the performance in the foyer – or bring your ballet shoes!!!!
Saturday November 24th: Education without Borders GALA
A Toast For Hope 2012
- The event will feature wine tasting and appetizers, a live wine auction, and dance performances by CatchingART Contemporary Ballet Theatre, with choreography by Astrid Sherman.
- Also, Fred Lee, of CBC Radio, the Vancouver Courier and Province, as our emcee and auctioneer for the evening.
- All proceeds will go to support EwB’s educational projects in Gugulethu and the surrounding townships on the outskirts of Cape Town, South Africa.
Where: BMO Great Hall at VanDusen Gardens, 5251 Oak Street
When: Saturday November 24th 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Tickets: $45 http://www.educationwithoutborders.ca/2012/09/a-toast-for-hope-2012/
About CatchingART Contemporary Ballet Theatre :
There are few opportunities in Canada that allow young artists to aspire to the dream of dancing as a professional artist. The CatchingART Contemporary Ballet Theatre “company experience” will provide priceless professional learning opportunities and the development of resume performances, confidence and proficiency though directorship of Astrid Sherman and unique performance opportunities and company classes with professional guest teachers. In its inaugural year, eight Grade 11 and 12 students who have committed to a career in dance were selected for this opportunity.
About Education without Borders and Pro Arte:
Education without Borders (EwB) aims to provide improved educational opportunities and facilities in disadvantaged regions of the world. EwB believes that the development of knowledge and skills gives individuals greater control over their lives and more possibilities and choices for their future. Enhanced educational opportunities build communities from within, and facilitate bridging between communities
Pro Arte has joined EwB in fundraising events since our inception in 2003. Together we have funded various arts and dance programs at local South African Primary & High Schools. Our (Pro Arte’s) ultimate vision is to see talented students being given the chance and opportunity of a university degree in their chosen Art Field.