- Training Intensives
- ArtisticSTRONG© Small Group Training
Registration begins February 1st!
- Week One: July 8 -12, 2019
- Week Two: July 15 – 19, 2019
- Week Three: July 22 – 26, 2019
- Week Four: July 29 – August 2, 2019
Note: Each week may be taken independently
Requirements: Candidates should have RAD/ISTD vocational training or an equivalent level of training. Placement is the Summer Intensive classes is made by the Centre’s Artistic Director to ensure that each applicant is challenged to develop the wide range of technical skills and artistic awareness necessary for success in dance. Students are prepared for the wide range of dance opportunities available in the performing arts world.
Each Summer Intensive week holds a comprehensive training schedule offered by internationally renowned faculty that includes classes in Ballet Technique, Pointe & Variations, Pas De Deux, Contemporary Pointe, Stretch & Dance/Pilates Conditioning, Yoga, Contemporary, Modern, Contact Improv, Lyrical and Contemporary Jazz Techniques.
Application to the Summer Program can be through auditions held at the Centre or by video. Register for an in-person or video audition HERE.
Audition video: Please show barre work, centre practice and allegro (optional: a ballet variation or short solo). Include pointe work if appropriate.
Training is also offered for young dancers so that they might experience high-quality dance training to develop proficiency and creative skills as well as maintain dance awareness and technique through the summer months. Designed as an opportunity for exploring ballet, modern, lyrical and jazz techniques within a nurturing and supportive environment, students will finish the week with a performance for parents/care-givers to showcase the week’s activities.
Requirements: Candidates should have some dance experience and placement in classes is based on the following:
- Standard 3 (Ages 10 – 13): Must have obtained the RAD Gr 4 or ISTD Gr 3 or equivalent Formal Training
- Standard 2 (Ages 8 – 10): Must have obtained the RAD Gr 2 or ISTD Gr 1 or equivalent Formal Training
- Standard 1 (Ages 6 – 8): For students going into Primary/ Grade 1 or 2 RAD/ Primary or Grade 1 ISTD
- Professional Levels: $500 + gst per week (15% discount on three or more weeks)
- Standard 3: $400 + gst per week (15% discount on three or more weeks)
- Standard 2: $275 + gst per week (15% discount on three or more weeks)
- Standard 1: $275 + gst per week
An Early Registration discount of 10% will be applied to all fully paid registrations received before May 15, 2018. Payment in full is required prior to the commencement of classes. A Refund of fees for class cancellation is available up to 2 weeks in advance less a $50 administrative charge per week.
Includes transport to and from the school & all meals (Budget between $250 -$325 per week). To receive a list of some homestay possibilities email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearest Hotels: Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Lonsdale Quay Hotel Map of Hotels near Pro Arte Centre
- TBD — Coming Soon
FOCUSED around movement re-education and body awareness towards postural & placement that will ensure safe & progressive achievement of technique with a take home exercise package. Work will include both studio and pilates gym time.
- Group 1: Intermediate/ Advanced ages 14+
- Group 2: Junior Advanced/ Intermediate Foundation 9- 13yrs
- 10.00 – 12.00pm Session 1 (Group 1 Classroom/Group 2 Gym)
- 12.00 – 12.30pm Lunch
- 12.30 – 2.30pm Session 2 Group 1 Gym/Group 2 Classroom)
Session targeted training includes:
- “Turn like a Top” – Learn turning tricks from the pros
- “The death of Port de Bras” – Fixing the “smartphone” generation’s forward head & rolled shoulders with upper body work
- “Jump like a Star” – Dynamic jumping by looking at footwork and strength
- “Higher Legs” – Increase your developpe height & extension
- Program Cost: $90+tax per day
- Program Capacity: Maximum 7 dancers per group
- Program Faculty: Astrid Sherman (F.I.S.T.D; member of IADMS Education Committee); Beverley Bagg (Former ballet mistress Alberta Ballet & Ballet BC); Erika Mayall (Pro Arte Dance Physiotherapist)