Summer is an exciting time at Pro Arté. The Centre is where you’ll find a hub of activities that are created for you! Each one has been shaped to embody the values of the Centre which are:
- Commitment to Excellence in Training
- Leadership provided Experienced, Certified Faculty
- Caring, Compassionate, Individualized Learning Environment
- A Collaborative, Holistic Program Implementation
Here are just some of the things that you’ll find at the Centre in Summer 2019:
Summer Intensives – for the serious student
Summer Camps – for fun and early development
Workshops – Stay tuned – we’ve got some exciting developments to share!
Irish Dance with De Danaan
Conditioning with Foundation Fitness
Cross-Training with Jodi Boates Athletics
Music and Vocal Training with Dr. Gina Oh
- Week One: July 8 – 12, 2019 (Standard 3-5)
- Week Two: July 15 – 19, 2019 (Standard 1-5) – Includes Summer Camps
- Week Three: July 22 – 26, 2019 (Standard 3-5)
- Week Four: August 12-16, 2019 (Standard 3-5)
- Week Five: August 19 -23, 2019 (Standard 1-5) – Includes Summer Camps
Note: Each week may be taken independently
Requirements: Candidates should have RAD/ISTD vocational training or an equivalent level of training. Placement is the Summer Intensive classes is made by the Centre’s Artistic Director to ensure that each applicant is challenged to develop the wide range of technical skills and artistic awareness necessary for success in dance. Students are prepared for the wide range of dance opportunities available in the performing arts world.
Each Summer Intensive week holds a comprehensive training schedule offered by internationally renowned faculty that includes classes in Ballet Technique, Pointe & Variations, Pas De Deux, Contemporary Pointe, Stretch & Dance/Pilates Conditioning, Yoga, Contemporary, Modern, Contact Improv, Lyrical and Contemporary Jazz Techniques.
Application to the Summer Program can be through auditions held at the Centre or by video. Register for an in-person or video audition Summer 2019 Auditions.
Audition video: Please show barre work, centre practice and allegro (optional: a ballet variation or short solo). Include pointe work if appropriate.
Training is also offered for young dancers so that they might experience high-quality dance training to develop proficiency and creative skills as well as maintain dance awareness and technique through the summer months. Designed as an opportunity for exploring ballet, modern, lyrical and jazz techniques within a nurturing and supportive environment, students will finish the week with a performance for parents/care-givers to showcase the week’s activities.
Requirements: Candidates should have some dance experience and placement in classes is based on the following:
- Standard 4 & 5 (Ages 10+): Students in the professional levels must be dancing at the vocational levels of the RAD or ISTD or equivalent Formal Training
- Standard 3 (Ages 10 – 13): Must have obtained the RAD Gr 4 or ISTD Gr 3 or equivalent Formal Training
- Standard 2 (Ages 8 – 10): Must have obtained the RAD Gr 2 or ISTD Gr 1 or equivalent Formal Training
- Standard 1 (Ages 6 – 8): For students going into Primary/ Grade 1 or 2 RAD/ Primary or Grade 1 ISTD
- Standard 5: $500 + gst per week (10% discount on three or more weeks)
- Standard 4: $500 + gst per week (10% discount on three or more weeks)
- Standard 3: $400 + gst per week (10% discount on three or more weeks)
- Standard 2: $275 + gst per week (10% discount on three or more weeks)
- Standard 1: $275 + gst per week
An Early Registration discount of 10% will be applied to all fully paid registrations received before May 1, 2019. Payment in full is required prior to the commencement of classes. A Refund of fees for class cancellation is available up to 2 weeks in advance less a $50 administrative charge per week. There are no refunds once classes commence.
The faculty for the Summer Intensive include:
- Beverley Bagg, Ballet BC, Alberta Ballet, Ballet Mistress, Dance Science Specialist
- Jocelyn Wozencroft, ARAD, BA(HONS), RAD RTS
- Amber Funk Barton, Artistic Director, the response
- Racheal Prince, Ballet BC, Alberta Ballet, Quinte Ballet School
- Carrie Coulter, RAD RTS
- Alisha Ahmadi, BA(HONS), AISTD (Imperial Ballet, Modern Theatre), AAFSA, ARAD, Artistic Director, ARIA Dance Company
- Astrid Sherman, FISTD, Artistic Director, CatchingART Contemporary Ballet Theatre
- Alex Christian, Conteur Academy, K9 Collective
- Jaden Turner, ITP, HarbourDance
Includes transport to and from the school & all meals (Budget between $250 -$325 per week). To receive a list of some homestay possibilities email email@example.com
Nearest Hotels: Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Lonsdale Quay Hotel Map of Hotels near Pro Arte Centre