Summer is an exciting time at Pro Arté. The Centre is where you’ll find a hub of activities that are created for you! Each one has been shaped to embody the values of the Centre which are:
- Commitment to Excellence in Training
- Leadership provided by Experienced, Certified Faculty
- Caring, Compassionate, Individualized Learning Environment
- A Collaborative, Holistic Program Implementation
Beginning this Summer, we launch 2021 Pro Artistico – Intensives that provide full exposure to technical training in classical, contemporary and commerical genres. Here are just some of the things that you’ll find at the Centre this Summer:
- Ballet: Classical Technique, Muller Polarity Techniques
- Contemporary Styles: Cunningham, Flying Low, Graham, Mixed Styles including Horton and Limon and others.
- Jazz Styles: Lyrical, Commercial, West African, Caribbean Rythyms, Broadway
- Virtuosity: Pointe/Pre-pointe technique, Pirouettes
- Tricks: Jumps, Turns, Acrobatic Elements
- Men’s Classes, Pas de Deux/Partnering (COVID-dependent)
- Week One: July 12 – 16, 2021
- Week Two: July 19 – 23, 2021
- Week Three: July 26 – 30, 2021
- Week Four: August 9 – 13, 2021
- Week Five: August 16 – 20, 2021
- Week Six: August 23 – 27, 2021
- Week Seven: August 30 – September 3, 2021
Note: Each week may be taken independently of each other.
Placement in the Artistico Program is made by the Centre’s Director of Dance Programs to ensure that each applicant is challenged to develop the wide range of technical skills and artistic awareness necessary for success in dance. Students are prepared for diverse dance opportunities available in the performing arts world.
Application to these Summer Program can be through auditions held at the Centre or by video. Register for an in-person or video audition (see button above). Please provide a class or dance video that demonstrates your skill level.
- Primorizo – Grade 3-4
- Novato – Grade 5-InterFoundation
- Avezado – Intermediate
- Perito – Advanced
Note: The right to move students is reserved to ensure that students receive maximum benefit from training.
Early Bird (prior to June 1st):
- Full week: $500.00
- Half-Day (either): $250.00
- Rehearsal Block: $150.00
Regular Rates (after June 1st):
- Full week: $575.00
- Half-Day (either): $300.00
- Rehearsal Block: $175.00
Packages (full weeks only):
- July $1,350.00
- August $1,800.00
- July and August: $3,000.00
Fees are payable in advance and subject to GST. Refunds less a $50 administrative charge per week are available up to two weeks in advance of classes. No refunds are made once classes begin.
Classes are planned on a weekly basis with a joint commitment to developing classical ballet forms as well as contemporary and jazz techniques. Designed for both half-day and full-day registration, each week features an optional ending block each day with a focus on a specific piece of choreography to be video-captured at the end of each week.
While the schedule remains the same for all levels, the instruction is age appropriate with pointe blocks featuring either demi-pointe, pre-pointe or full pointe instruction.
Optional half-day programs are noted in blue/green with the optional choreography block in yellow. While the comprehensive program is recommended to receive the full extent of the training experience, students may select half-days. Placement in the half-day option is dependent on space availability.
Pro Arté reserves the right to modify classes based on registrations to provide a comparable experience to students to that noted above.