Contemporary and Jazz Classes
Contemporary is a very technical style that incorporates ballet with an enhanced expressive movement vocabulary. It requires core strength, technique and imagination to perform and express emotion and mood through music and technique.
Our Jazz classes are based on a strong technical base, which incorporates creativity, body and music awareness in an energetic fun class. Our jazz classes are taught by teachers that are still dancing in the professional industry.
How Do I Start?
Our classes are for ages from 6+ to our adult programs. Classes run from September to June where the class with participate in the year end show. Pro Arté are very fortunate to have faculty teaching who are at the forefront of the contemporary and jazz scene in Vancouver and Internationally.
Class Length and Levels
Our contemporary and jazz classes range from 60 minutes to an hour and a half. They take place one to three times a week.
Jazz Level 1/2: Wednesdays 4:15-5:15
- Learn the basics and build confidence and strength. This is for young dancers who want to move and groove with a little or no experience.
Jazz Level 3/4: Mondays 5:45-6:45
- For students who have a minimum of 3 years of jazz experience — this class is for you! Tips and tricks — and lots of fun are to be had in this class!
Contemporary Level 1/2: Friday 5:30-6:30
- Starting out in Contemporary? This class develops contemporary technique and introduces young dancers to the core contemporary elements.
Contemporary Level 3/4: Tuesdays 4:15-5:45
- For students who have had a minimum of 3 years of contemporary experience, these classes use contemporary elements found in both traditional and innovative contemporary techniques.
Contemporary Level 4: Saturdays 10:00-11:30
- Students in this class are refining skills in contemporary and developing the emotive elements found in advanced techniques.
Not Sure? Sign up for a Trial Class:
Our dancers are required to wear a leotard and black tights or shorts with bare feet. Our male dancers are required to wear a white t-shirt with black pants or shorts with bare feet. Hair for this class is required to be off the face and up in a classical bun or pony tail.
Why chose Pro Arté?
Our studio prides ourselves on our core values and passion of dance.
A warm welcoming environment!
We focus on strong holistic well rounded dance training for all ages!
Onsite dancer wellness team!