Several studios returned to in-class instruction beginning last week. However, here at Pro Arte we have been focused on creating the safest space available for students and faculty that incorporated the “best-of” practices in stopping COVID-19 transmission.
Beginning Monday, June 1st, we are launching our in-class instruction. The class offerings are limited at this point as we create the stream to bring dancers back to studio instruction and eliminate the risk of injury. For many who have been dancing at home, coming back to dance does need to be managed understanding the specific needs of each dancer.
For those of you who are still cautious or have family members at high-risk, we will be continuing Zoom and adding on-demand classes that are currently being filmed.
Check out our new schedule on our website https://proartecentre.com/virtual-class-schedule-week/. We are excited to see you in class.
All classes remain available for Zoom instruction. However, for those who would like to participate in-studio, here are the guidelines to keep you, your family and the faculty in compliance with social distancing requirements.
- First — if you are not well — stay home!
- If you live with a family member who is in quarantine, please wait to attend class in person until after quarantine period has ended.
- Arrive shortly before class begins with your hair done and in dance wear. Please bring a wrap that covers your arms should you cough or sneeze into your elbow,
- With apologies to parents, there are no waiting rooms available and guests/visitors to the building are discouraged. Please advise the office should this be problematic if there is a long commute to navigate.
- Please wash your hands on entering and exiting the building.
- Please do not touch any locker other than your own.
- Enter and exit the studios singly allowing for social distancing room between yourself and others.
- Sanitizing stations have been set up around the building for use.
- Class length has been limited to one hour in each room after which point, students will be directed to a different studio to continue instruction.
- 7 minutes after dancers have left a studio (for any water droplets to settle), studios are cleaned, barres sanitized and floors damp-mopped in preparation for the next class.
- Classes for each level are linked back to back with staggered start and end times to reduce the number of individuals in the hallways. No breaks are planned however students will be allowed to stagger washroom breaks during classes and are encouraged to bring a water bottle (filled at home). There is no kitchen access at this time.
- Each dancer will have a 10’x10′ dancing space marked with an additional 2′ between boxes. Barres will not be shared. Faculty will have their own space and will not be moving around the studio but remain in their teaching space.
A complete copy of our Studio Re-Start Plan is available on request.