Beginning in September, 2018, there is a new addition to the Programs at Pro Arte Centre. Launched with limited student enrollment capacity, the Pro Arte Protégé Program is a Half-Day Program for students who want to focus on independent intensive classical & contemporary ballet training. This technique intensive program is designed to maximize the success of the individual student in the international scene.
Faculty in this program are Astrid Sherman, Beverley Bagg, Yana Draguieva & Jocelyn Wozencroft (RAD) and various Contemporary/Contemporary Ballet ex Ballet BC dancers and choreographers supported by On-Site Physiotherapist Erika Mayall & On-site Pilates Conditioning Specialist Susie Higgins.
- Training hours may be done with a commitment to full program training (minimum 20 hour training week is recommended for success) or on a drop-in basis (charges per class are higher). Class size is limited to 7-9 students in each level and preference will be given to those taking the full program.
- Students may select to participate in competitive groups, but these are additional charges and hours and are not mandatory.
- We do recommend that students take additional examination credit classes in the RAD and ISTD methods.
- Students may perform solos at any festivals/competitions with Pro Arte approval and administration. We do, however, recommend no more than 3 competitions during a training year and that consideration is given to the science for the best training cycle (we want to optimize the peaks and avoid the dips). We also advise that students attend the competitions where Pro Arte Faculty can supply support coaching. However, parents may take the initiative with Pro Arte approval to participate in festivals at which Pro Arte faculty will not be present.
- Students may have outside choreographers with approval from Pro Arte – rehearsals will be arranged at Pro Arte studios. Pro Arte does have a recommended list of industry-recognized choreographers.
This program is by application only and preference will be given to dedicated, focused and determined students.
Note: This program will close to new applications when enrollment has been filled.
Complete your application interest here: Protege Interest Application