Come train with some of Vancouver’s best and guest teachers from New York, Europe & LA this July!
Week 1 (July 17th – 21st) & Week 2 (July 24th – 28th)
- Kara Chan (BFA): Contemporary/Modern – Kara received her pre-professional training from Pro Arte Centre under the direction of Astrid Sherman. She went on to complete her BFA in Dance at The Juilliard School in New York and is now dancing with the Twyla Tharpe Company.
- Danielle Gould: Ballet – A past student of Astrid Sherman & Pro Arte Centre, The National Ballet School and Goh Ballet, Danielle won a full scholarship to the John Cranko Academy in Stuttgart, Germany. She is now currently dancing with the the Hungarian National Ballet.
- Barbra Bean (BFA): Pilates Matwork – A former professional dancer, Barbra studied dance at both UC Santa Barbara and UC Irvine. She completed the Teacher Training Program Pilates Method by Diane Diefenderfer and studied extensively with Ron Fletcher. She currently teaches in LA.
- Desirée Dunbar (MFA): Contemporary/Modern – Desirée is an award-winning choreographer and the creator of gush.com. She is one of the few Canadians to teach the traditional Martha Graham technique and has had the honour of instructing at various schools including Simon Fraser University, University of Arizona, Centre National de la Danse (Paris, France) and Trintity Laban (London, UK). Her company Dezza Dance is Artist-in-Residence with the City of Vancouver.
PRO ARTE FACULTY:
- Astrid Sherman (FISTD, International Association for Dance Medicine & Science Dance Educators Committee Member): Ballet & Dance Conditioning
- Stephana Arnold (National Ballet School, soloist Les Grands and Ballet BC): Ballet & Dance Conditioning
- Tania Brossoit (graduate RAD Academy, England, RAD Ambassador): Ballet & Dance Conditioning
- Kimberly Dixon (BFA Dance SFU; A.I.S.T.D. (Modern dip): Modern, Improv , Contemporary & Dance Conditioning
- Sophia Curalli (AISTD Imperial Ballet & Modern): Ballet, Modern & Lyrical