Many new parents looking for a dance school ask us this question. Here are a few reasons why we feel we are unique:
- Our Teaching Faculty has vast experience in both teaching and performing. Their
degrees in dance and accreditation with governing bodies reflect their
rigorous training, focus and dedication to their chosen career in performing
- Our staff members are constantly wanting to learn in order to give more to our students. This summer we had teachers: in London taking courses; obtaining Pilates credentials; and attending the American Dance Festival. We encourage our staff to further their education and currently have 3 teachers taking Associate diplomas this year and a Fellowship with the ISTD as well as post-secondary work in kinesiology at Simon Fraser University.
- Our teachers have danced professionally on stages both in Canada and abroad and this have strong connections worldwide in the dance world.
- Our facilities boast an on-site gym for cross training. Students are introduced to the latest training in fitness coming in the sports arena that can be applied to dance with Jodi Boates, our fitness specialist.
- Our on-site physiotherapist with vast dance knowledge, Erika Mayall screens all our Pre-Professional dancers ages 11 and up so we can address weaknesses and avoid injuries early through preventative and supportive training and treatment.
- Our Pilates teacher Susie Higgins and Jenny Yoo work very closely with staff to address specific individual student needs.
- Our on-site academic program Pro Merita, a SelfDesign Learning Community, offers us the ability to offer PE, Planning and other courses required for grade 12 graduation over the summer months as well as a full academic program for students from Grade 5 through 12.
- Our “award winning” choreographers have presented work both locally and internationally and gained recognition and exposure both for their creative work and the students that present it.
Come; learn more about why we are on the leading edge of performing arts. We invite you to contact us with your questions.
In my opinion, ProArte Dance Centre is a Vancouver’s leading combined ” teaching” and “performance” dance school. A school that empowers young aspiring dancers to learn and excel in a positive and safe environment. All the teachers work closely with dancers to ensure they are realizing their full potential as dancers and individuals. Bravo ProArte!
I agree totally!