- Training Intensives
- ArtisticSTRONG© Small Group Training:
- Vocational Examination Preparation
Register Here (as of March 1): Registration: Summer & Fall
- Week One: July 16 -20, 2018
- Week Two: July 23 – 27, 2018
- Week Three: August 13 – 17, 2018
- Week Four: August 20 – 24, 2018
- Week Five: August 27- 31, 2018
Note: Each week may be taken independently
Requirements: Candidates should have RAD/ISTD vocational training or an equivalent level of training. Placement is the Summer Intensive classes is made by the Centre’s Artistic Director to ensure that each applicant is challenged to develop the wide range of technical skills and artistic awareness necessary for success in dance. Students are prepared for the wide range of dance opportunities available in the performing arts world.
Each Summer Intensive week holds a comprehensive training schedule offered by internationally renowned faculty that includes classes in Ballet Technique, Pointe & Variations, Pas De Deux, Contemporary Pointe, Stretch & Dance/Pilates Conditioning, Yoga, Contemporary, Modern, Contact Improv, Lyrical and Contemporary Jazz Techniques.
Application to the Summer Program can be through auditions held at the Centre or by video. Audition dates are:
- Saturday, March 10, 2018 – 10:00am to 11:30am
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 – 10:00am to 11:30am
Register for an in-person or video audition HERE.
Audition video: Please show barre work, centre practice and allegro (optional: a ballet variation or short solo). Include pointe work if appropriate.
Training is also offered for young dancers so that they might experience high-quality dance training to develop proficiency and creative skills as well as maintain dance awareness and technique through the summer months. Designed as an opportunity for exploring ballet, modern, lyrical and jazz techniques within a nurturing and supportive environment, students will finish the week with a performance for parents/care-givers to showcase the week’s activities.
Requirements: Candidates should have some dance experience and placement in classes is based on the following:
- Standard 3 (Ages 10 – 13): Must have obtained the RAD Gr 4 or ISTD Gr 3 or equivalent Formal Training
- Standard 2 (Ages 8 – 10): Must have obtained the RAD Gr 2 or ISTD Gr 1 or equivalent Formal Training
- Standard 1 (Ages 6 – 8): For students going into Primary/ Grade 1 or 2 RAD/ Primary or Grade 1 ISTD *Std 1 only offered July 16 – 20 and Aug 13 – 17
- Professional Levels: $500 + gst per week (15% discount on three or more weeks)
- Standard 3: $400 + gst per week (15% discount on three or more weeks)
- Standard 2: $275 + gst per week (15% discount on three or more weeks)
- Standard 1: $275 + gst per week
An Early Registration discount of 10% will be applied to all fully paid registrations received before May 15, 2018. Payment in full is required prior to the commencement of classes. A Refund of fees for class cancellation is available up to 2 weeks in advance less a $50 administrative charge per week.
Includes transport to and from the school & all meals (Budget between $250 -$325 per week). To receive a list of some homestay possibilities email email@example.com
Nearest Hotels: Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Lonsdale Quay Hotel Map of Hotels near Pro Arte Centre
These small group sessions are FOCUSED around movement re-education and a dancer’s own awareness towards body postural and placement. These sessions ensure the development of safe and progressive achievement of technique and include a “take-home” exercise package. Work will include both studio and Pilates gym time.
Group A: Advanced Professional Training Levels
Group B: Pre-Intermediate/Intermediate Professional Training Levels (min age 11)
- “Turn like a Top” – Learn turning tricks from the pros
- “The death of Port de Bras” – Fixing the “smartphone” generation’s forward head & rolled shoulders with upper body work
- “Jump like a Star” – Dynamic jumping by looking at footwork and strength
- “Higher Legs” – Increase your developpé height & extension
VOCATIONAL EXAMINATION PREPARATION
Pro Arté Centre’s faculty include senior accredited members of international dance organizations including both the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) and the Royal Academy of Dance. Preparatory sessions for vocational examinations is available on demand including the Solo Seal (RAD), Advanced 2 (ISTD) and the Genées. Private and semi-private coaching for these and other international activities can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.